- 3 medium size Idaho potatoes
- 1 ½ c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ c. sifted cake flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- Boil potatoes whole and unpeeled.
- Combine flours on workbench.
- Crack eggs into center of flour.
- When potatoes are cooked throughout, strain, then peel. While still hot, process potatoes through food mill directly into flour and eggs. Add pumpkin puree. Knead softly until everything is combined evenly.
- Cover dough ball with plastic wrap. Working swiftly while dough is warm, roll dough into small logs in increments of about two centimeters in diameter. Cut log into — inch pieces. Roll pieces into balls.
- Roll balls into boiling salted water off the back of a fork. When they float, they are done.
- Strain and add sauce.